Wednesday, February 17, 2010

FTR (that's 'for the record', as Devyn would say), being pregnant isn't so bad when I'm not nauseated by everything or breaking out in hives all day. I love my midwife for allowing benedryl, because damn. I really thought I was going to die with those hives.

I've gone through so many things that I was "sure, this time" were causing the hives. I'm talking everything from laundry detergent, lotion, and deodorant to my vitamins, the food at work, and milk. I've cut out each of those things in turn, and to no avail... They keep happening. They almost look like bug bites, but there's no bite mark, no certain time that I break out, and no one else has them. Sometimes they disappear, and sometimes they linger as a rash-- either the same size as the original hive, or it spreads to an inch+ circle. It's so lame.

Sidenote-- I'm watching the Olympics again-- I'm not a fan of speed skating. It isn't fun and it stresses me out hardcore. They always look like they're going to fall, and I'm terrified the entire time that someone will fall and a skate will accidentally slice open a major artery or slice off a finger. I know that's morbid, but I've thought about it every winter that it's on, from when I was a kid. Ha, I'm a worrier by nature, what can I say?

I really need to make a few calls for work and get to bed. Love you all, and can't wait to see some of you this weekend!!

2 comments:

Jason P. Franklin said...

It's the figure skating that stresses me out. I always fear that poor girl is going to face plant on the ice and dash her brains out right there in front of the world.

Last night I cringed when one of the female skiers from Germany took a nasty spill right at the end of the run. She walked off with some assistance, but was limping pretty bad. She's supposed to ski again. I hope she's better and able to compete in her other event.

...Mama Deebs... said...

you quoted me!