Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life altering, to say the least

So... I'm making a baby (Jake helped)! It's a crazy, crazy thing that I haven't come anywhere close to wrapping my brain around.

There are so many different things going through my head right now, and my spinning thoughts have even slowed from last week when we found out. All of last week I could barely function because my brain was moving so fast, trying to figure out every angle of this pregnancy thing, and what it entails. Past, present,and future feel like a spinning kaleidoscope, and I can't seem to focus on any one thing.

Ha, I've used the word 'spinning' like 20 times already, but that's what it feels like (okay, I just edited a few out, only two left).

[10 minutes where I stare blankly at the screen]

Mmmm... my thoughts aren't organized enough to blog. Suffice it to say that I'm nauseated all the time, my lovely lady lumps hurt hardcore, and I want to sleep 12 hours a day. I hear the sleep thing gets way worse. I'm not stoked for that.

Ugh, okay. I'm done. Stay tuned, folks! I'm going to make a conscious effort to blog. I'm thinking I'll want to remember this stuff, and some out-of-towners might even be interested in hearing it. I'll try not to be too honest, for posterity's sake. :)

Peace.

1 comment:

Jason P. Franklin said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere, and a hearty congratulations on the pregnancy (yea I know I already said that on Facebook, but I wanted to make it official here too).

Jenn can a great source of information and commiseration. You can be sure that she'll be both honest and edifying. I remember her first pregnancy and all the books we both read. There were some she thought were pretty worthless, but others she loved. I'm sure she'd pass on her recommendations.

There were even a couple written for dads-to-be as well. I think my fave was "How To Be A Pregnant Father" (or something like that).

Congrats again. We're praying for you.