Monday, October 8, 2007

theatre....

.... is ridiculous.

I have to drive all the way back to the Bapper today for a half hour rehearsal. Doesn't sound too bad, eh?

Until I tell you that there's a really good chance (about 97.4%) that they won't even get to the part where they run the act, and i'll have made the trip for nothing.

Last Friday, i was only supposed to be there until 4:30 (rehearsal starts at 3:30), and ended up being there until 6. The people who showed up on time to rehearse later scenes ended up sitting there until 6, when the class was over and every body got to go home.

Now, I'm not saying that Krista Jo has a bad system. Me not being there until 5:30 is a godsend in terms of getting laundry and homework done. But for poor, newlywed, haters-of-$3pg commuters like myself, a wasted trip is kind of a big deal.

I won't complain any more about today, though. Tomorrow, when I have to be there from 7pm until 11pm because she changed class/rehearsal time after we had already been cast and couldn't do anything about it, I will complain. Probably a lot.

I don't particularly enjoy being a whiner, and I usually hate other people that are, but this is ridiculous. I can hardly get any hours at work because of her new schedule, and the hours i do get are usually at 5AM after I didn't get home until 11:30PM.

Who cares, though, right? Eating and paying rent aren't everything, Miss Krista Jo-the-University-professor. Some people only get paid $8.00 an hour, and only get 10 hours a week max. Don't even worry about it. Casting people who aren't availible during class time is a much better solution.

the show must go on, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my last semester I told Mel to take a hike, she torqued me off so much. Gave up a scholarship too. Worked my butt off that semester to make it up.

But if you don't have to tell the prof to take a flying leap, good on ya.